Don't
Go by Lisa Scottoline
An
interesting murder/mystery set in modern times. It made a nice change
as I have been reading lots of early 20th century novels
lately.
The
tale tells of a young doctor Mike Scanlon who is serving in
Afghanistan with the reserves.
While
he is there, his wife Chloe dies under mysterious circumstances. In
fact the book starts off with scenes of her dying. You get a hint
that something else besides an accident has happened.
This
leaves their very young baby Emily at home without a mom but her
Chloe's sister Danielle and husband step in gladly to help out by
caring for the baby and seem just a bit too willing to do so for even
longer than Mike really wants.
After
some horrific battle encounters, the doctor returns home and tries to
solve all the mysteries surrounding his wife's death and the death of
her best friend Sara who is murdered.
Dr.
Mike inadvertently gets into trouble with the police ,drugs are
involved and then even more trouble erupts with him trying to regain
custody of the child.
This
is a mystery that isn't solved until the very end of the book.
It was
very readable but the characters were not very well defined and the
events didn't flow very easily.
This
was not a book I felt I had to keep reading but I eventually finished it as I had a call from the library.
My time is up!
My time is up!
No comments:
Post a Comment