| Mike's new rockers |
Every year in the spring time there seems the need to smarten up the outside of the house and the yard. This year we were a little late starting. On our deck we have some tables and chairs that Mike made from wood a while back. When I looked at them I could see they they were in need of a good staining. The winter had taken its toll. We could also see that the two odd chairs we had, actually two that we had bought probably 12 years ago, were in need of basic repair as well.
| Ready to use |
So now I was ready to get the stain and start on all the furniture. There was the glider, two side tables, two garden benches and the four rocking chairs. So I had my work cut out for me. Fortunately the weather cooperated. It was fairly cool in the early morning so I left breakfast out, started as early as I could get there. Mike prepared the stain and the brushes, I found my old radio (a necessary item when you are painting in my mind) and I was ready to go. The stain was a semi transparent stain and as such was very thin. That means it would cover quickly but it would also dribble so I had to take care to watch carefully. The best part of it was that it dried quickly.
Soon everything was new and shiny although it didn't stay this way as when it dried it lost the shine but that was fine everything looked new again.
So now we have to buy new cushions for all the chairs to finish the deck.
Then we will be ready for guests.
Time to find the drinks recipes!!
Written with the help of little Dragon Puff.
Well looking at you under the umbrella, it all worked out well looks a lovely spot for a good book
ReplyDeleteand a snooze
talented chap that Mike! Very nice looking chairs and lovely space to relax.
ReplyDeleteHowever: never miss breakfast!
john