The Clay Pot.
![]() |
| Pot no 1 |
Fortunately I managed to get the challenge paintings for this month done before my latest operation although painting is one of the things I really could do while getting better.
The challenge this month was a very basic still life of a clay pot close to a carved table leg with shadows behind the objects. The details were mostly in the table leg and floor .
I switched from water color paint to acrylic paint for this challenge as I felt to get the feeling of heavy clay and dark wood would be a challenge in water color plus I like using acrylic paint. I guess it's because I am more used to using it.
I started out with the single pot because I felt I needed to work on the color and getting that heavy feel to it without having to bother with other aspects of the composition.
![]() |
| Painting no2 |
I liked the result so set about doing a slightly smaller version to include the carved table leg and the table.
This was fiddly to get the shadows just right as was the cross shadows at the back.
Mike thinks those look like tram lines.
I think I agree with him !!
| Original photo for challenge |


I think you did this one very well, stick to acrylic it likes you!
ReplyDeleteThe original is a strange composition my eyes don't know what to focus on.
John
I feel I could pick this pot up, super job it shows you must be getting back to normal
ReplyDeleteand feeling healthy. Good to have you back!