Rhubarb Crumble
Can't see much of the crumble as we had a LOT of custard! |
We can't grow rhubarb in Texas very easily. I tried once it was not a success. I guess it just isn't hot enough, no that's not what I meant, I meant it just isn't wet enough. It really is too hot. I know it grows in Canada. In fact, the climate there seems just right as it was in England. Rhubarb there grows like a weed!
So when I see rhubarb in the stores in Texas, which doesn't happen very often, I always buy some as it is a favorite of ours. I guess it is because we grew up eating rhubarb. Often that is the case. Foods that you eat as a child often later in life, become your favorites especially if you can't get them where you live.
Doesn't look so pretty once you serve it out!! |
So it is on this weekend I plan to make rhubarb crumble. This is one of our favorite dishes even more so than rhubarb pie. I have found a English recipe and will follow that.
Mike will make custard as he makes that well. When I make it it either goes like cement or it is so watery that it can't be called custard.
Don't you wish you were coming to lunch with us today?
Just in case I have wetted your appetite for this delicious dish, I have added the link to the recipe below.
Enjoy!
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/420616/rhubarb-crumble
I did find some of the measurements a big challenge to convert . I need an app for that !!
No comments:
Post a Comment