![]() |
| A poster of the movie |
Now I was probably the only person who hadn't seen the technically wonderful version of this movie telling the story of the book. I knew the movie had received some kind of Academy award and who could have missed the trailers that appeared on TV. I knew that there was an Indian boy who appeared to be on a boat with a very handsome and large tiger and other animals appeared as well.
I thought from the trailers that this was akin to a Disney movie and as such it probably was very good for the right audience ( children) but not interesting for me.
So when I picked up the book and started to read. I was in for a good surprise. It is a very well written book with so much information and also imagination that it is a most intriguing story to read. It really held my interest.
Yann Martel, the author. obviously did a great deal of research into animal behavior and I found out all kinds of things about animals that I had not know before. Also I was intrigued with the way the 3 major religions came into the story in such a shared way.
It has a good plot line. You hope Pi is going to make it to Canada although the alternate story told to the insurance company leaves you wondering.
A very different kind of book to read.
I must try and see the movie.

It is a great read, with enough interest to deserve another look.
ReplyDeleteI was inspired to read this by son Paul, and by daughter Janet, the only part we found a bit odd was when he lived on an island that ate everything!
John