I'm
not one much for surprises especially the one's where friends think
you will love a special event or present and then all you are feel is really embarrassed. I've had a few of those in my life. Best to be
forgotten.
The
other day I had a really nice surprise and one I really appreciated.
A lovely box was delivered to our house and even before I had opened
it I could tell it was probably flowers of some kind.
Yes I
had been ill and maybe that's why someone was sending me flowers.
But
who could be sending me flowers? A few names flashed through my
brain. I had already talked with many of the friends and they had
already wished me well.
I
ripped open the box and saw just a lovely mass of multicolored spring
blooms.
However
it was the card that gave me the surprise.The card read “To Shirley
& Mike. Thinking of you, love Joan and Ron”.
It was from my old
college roommate Joan. It was she who had sent the flowers and
certainly brightened our day.
Joan and I roomed together throughout
college in England with all the teen delights and sorrows that go
along with that lifetime in the 60s .We had lots of fun , shared life
and got on very well. We both married and even though we moved away
from each other, we kept in touch, although it is was hard to do
when you live so far apart. Understandably life trends to crowd
friends out with present day happenings.
Joan
and I have kept in touch with phone calls and the occasional email and
when I called her back to thank her for the wonderful flowers, it was
just like being back from a weekend away from college, with Joan
being her upbeat self and her telling me all her latest news. I felt
like I was 19 again which is a very pleasant way to feel.
So
thanks Joan for the wonderful flowers. Mike and I both appreciate
them but even more we treasure your friendship.
Thank
you.


No comments:
Post a Comment