"Wanderlust" a challenge painting.
The title for this challenge painting for November on facebook page- " Monthly Painter's Challenge was 'Wanderlust".
Now whatever does that mean. I went through the various thoughts about this topic , first deciding on a picture of a person looking out to an open landscape with many paths but couldn't quite visualize painting that.
Then I thought it probably meant always wanting to move on somewhere else and to see more and more but how do you paint that feeling unless you do a purely abstract kind of painting. Don't have much experience of abstract painting.
Then I thought of all the places you could go to or wish to visit and started sketching and before I knew it I had filled out my allotted space!
So this is really a painted sketch rather than a real painting.
I think I put just too much in but that's how it goes sometimes.
Anyhow it was fun to do and it made me think which can't be all that bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment