Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Memorial painting of Lucky

Memorial painting of LUCKY


As each of my pet have died I have tried to paint a picture of them as a memorial so that we would remember them. As we have had many pets over the years we now have pet paintings in many of our rooms. And now Lucky will be  joining them.

I knew when I started out painting  Lucky a black cat, that this would be a challenge as photographing black pet is difficult enought and painting them is equally difficult . So I selected a couple of photographs and chose two which I thought I could manage to make into a presentable painting.

I started out by doing two water color paintings to see how that would look and realized fairly soon that I would need to use acrylic paints to get the depth of color that I needed.

Water color just didn't get it !!

This painting shows Lucky when he was an adult cat a few years ago.
Every time I see a black cat, I still miss little Lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Water color didn't make it but acrylic did!
    It's really nice to have a painting of an old comerade

    ReplyDelete