Monday, February 10, 2014

Looking backwards

Looking backwards  
Spring in 2013 was earlier than 2014

One of the interesting things you can do if you write a blog or a journal is to take time to look back.
We have had such a depressing winter and spring this year I thought I would look back at some of my last years blogs from February and see if what I remember is true.
From the pictures I took last Spring obviously the weather was much warmer and possibly wetter in 2013 as all kinds of things were starting to grow by this time in February.
My bulbs this year are just about poking out through the ground but the frequent below freezing temperatures we have had this year has obviously delayed things a little.
There is absolutely no sign of last years' lily bulbs starting or the trees popping their buds.

However looking back did remind me of the huge job we did in spreading the mulch mountain into pathways which surprisingly enough have lasted very well. Most are still covered by the heavy brown leaves of autumn which will be one on my first jobs to clear IF we get some really seasonable warm weather.

It must come soon.....

1 comment:

  1. We have just another 8 weeks to go before the buds bud!
    John

    ReplyDelete